We are a litigation firm known for our arbitration, trial and appellate success.
Since 2015, have grown through a global pandemic because of our commitment to client service and excellence. With this growth, we are looking to have a talented legal assistant join our collaborative team. Our team members are dynamic and diverse, bringing a wide range of professional and personal experience & skill sets to the table.
While we are known especially for our work in accident benefits (LAT, appeals, priority disputes, loss transfer disputes and WSIAT right to sue applications), we also deal with claims for bodily injury, property damage, arson, fraud, occupiers’ liability, jurisdictional issues and coverage.
Your role, as an insurance defence Legal Assistant, will be to manage your lawyer’s practice across a diversity of files that includes Accident Benefits, Tort, Property, Fraud Defence and Appellate work.
In addition to a great attitude and genuine interest in being part of our team, here are some areas of expertise that would make for a great fit:
· Managing files through all stages of the legal process, including opening and closing files, and ensuring compliance with client guidelines;
· Managing incoming and outgoing correspondence;
· Coordinate and schedule meetings and conference calls, both internally and externally;
· Excellent typing skills;
· Drafting correspondence and appropriate forms;
· Arranging discoveries and examinations under oath;
· Processing bills;
· Provide support and back up to administrative positions as needed;
· Maintaining paperless files and filing; and
· Proactively managing multiple tasks, prioritizing and communicating well with all team members, clients and opposing counsel.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in AB & Tort insurance defence matters;
· Strong knowledge of Court and LAT procedures;
· The ability to manage a large volume of documents and work in a fast paced environment;
· Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to be resourceful and work with minimal instruction or supervision;
· Being able to work within tight timelines to meet deadlines, reassessing priorities as needed;
· Strong technical skills and proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook;
· Prioritizing work flow and managing critical details; and
· A Legal Assistant Diploma is an asset.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, stellar organization skills, accurate and quality work are an ideal fit for this position.
We have been working remotely since the onset of Covid-19 and will continue with our flexible approach to working remotely going forward. We are industry leaders with our design and investment into technology to promote efficient and seamless work and firm engagement, regardless of where we log on.
Team is also important to us, and we value each member of the firm for their unique skills, experience and perspective. Our competitive compensation and benefits packages are based on experience and regular review of market trends and conditions. Schultz Frost invests in its people to develop both soft and hard skills to excel, grow and work together to provide an exceptional client experience.
Schultz Frost is committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible environment and to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection and assessment process, please contact Leslie-Ann Reynolds via email. Please visit our web site at www.schultzfrost.com to learn more about our team and firm.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$64,500.00 per year